Looking for technology graduate jobs in London and want to join a rapidly growing FinTech startup?
In this Technical Consultant role, you will be joining a market-leading startup that helps several hundred innovative tech companies make the most of government R&D funding schemes. They are experts in the world of R&D tax credits, and over the course of the last 10 years, the company have raised over £120 million for over 600 companies - maintaining a 100% success rate across the board. They operate across various industries such as Financial Services, Pharmaceutical, Construction, Chemicals, Engineering, Food Technology, Construction, Data Science, Software and Electronics Heavy Industry and Automotive.
In this Technical Consultant job in London, you will be expected to quickly gain a deep understanding of the R&D funding schemes the client offers, and get stuck in helping clients by ordering the best advise to high growth startups and scale-ups about whether their work qualifies for relief. You’ll be at a pivot point between our account management and delivery teams, often accompanying clients on their journey with us from initial conversations right through to funding. You will need to be very technical and have proven experience working with developers / CTO's and leading technical discovery sessions to unearth details about different forms of technology.
In this Technical Consultant opportunity, your responsibilities will include:
- Researching clients to understand their project and the funding options available to them
- Visiting clients at incubators, engineering works or factories and finding out more about their work in person (post Covid)
- Meeting and liaising with CTO's of tech companies to understand if they are eligible for funding schemes by further probing into their technology and really get to grips with their product
- Explaining the R&D tax Credits scheme to developers / CTO's / wider technology teams and guiding them through the process
- Finalising technical reports - Working alongside our team of writing experts to help craft a strong and persuasive technical reports
- Updating and changing company policies to speed up delivery process
- Sharing a passion for technology and new areas of development that you encounter daily with the team, so that everyone is up-to-date with cutting edge tech
- A university degree, ideally a STEM subject
- Coding experience (whether a Computer Science (or similar) degree, or within a job or hobbyist realm
- Confident speaking about all things tech
- Previous experience with liaising with developers / CTO's about technical topics
- A strong rapport-builder with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A confident, independent self-starter who loves finding new ways of engaging clients
- Confidence working with minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational skills - you must be able to efficiently work across multiple projects
- Experience with negotiations and contract management
Benefits of the job
- A highly competitive starting salary of between £35,000- £45,000 depending on experience
- A flexible approach to work - while this role will require you to attend face to face meetings, your time outside of those meetings can be as remote as you like
- Up to 6 weeks as holiday each year
- £2,000 yearly training budget
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance
- Season Ticket Loan
- The chance to work with some of the coolest and most innovative technology startups around
Looking for Technical Consultant jobs in London and want to join an exciting FinTech startup? If you’re a proactive graduate with great communication skills, apply for this Technical Consultant job in London today!
Key Account Manager