Looking for Tax Consultancy jobs in London, interested in Research and Development and want to work for one of the UK’s leading tax consultancies?
In this R&D Tax Consultant job, you will be joining the London offices of a specialist R&D tax consultancy, whose vision is to assist companies from the ground up to revolutionise R&D claims for their business. A total of £4.4bn was claimed in R&D tax credits by innovative UK companies in 2017-18, and this consultancy want to continue supporting and enabling this figure to increase year on year. Using their expertise and industry knowledge, they want to give business owners the ability to maximise the amount of tax benefit they are eligible for.
In this R&D Tax Consultant role in London, you will be using your Research & Development knowledge and working closely with other experienced members of the team. You will be managing your own portfolio of clients and taking the financial or technical lead on upcoming repeat claims, furthering your experience and understanding of the reports and claims for clients. See full details below!
In this Research Tax Consultant graduate job, your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying qualifying R&D activities and expenditure through participation in technical & financial discussions with clients for new and repeat claims
- Leading R&D discussions/workshops on clients, providing a clear explanation of the definition of R&D for tax purposes and discussing in detail, sector specific examples of qualifying activities
- Managing client & stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
- Compiling technical & financial project reports to illustrate eligible activities to support R&D claims with strong attention to detail and first-time accuracy
- Formulating an initial response to defending claims in the event of HMRC R&D enquiries
- Developing your own knowledge and skills in R&D tax relief and other related issues, to keep technical knowledge fully up to date in this evolving landscape
- Minimum 18 months’ work experience in the R&D Tax industry,
- University degree in either a financial and technical discipline (This could be either as a Tax or STEM Graduate)
- Comfortable with stakeholder management
- A logical, enquiring and problem-solving mindset
- Strong commercial awareness and great communication skills
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of what HMRC is looking for in reports
- A genuine interest and curiosity in Science, Technology & Innovation
Benefits of the job
- A great starting salary of £35,000 - £45,000, depending on experience + 25% annual bonus!
- Fantastic offices in Shoreditch
- Flexible working - they care about whether you do your job, not where you do it
- Three company-wide weeks off throughout the year that don’t count toward your leave!
- An onboarding budget to ensure you’ve got your perfect work set-up
- Health insurance which includes gym membership, health, optical and dental care
- Huge potential for career progression and growth
Looking for R&D Research Consultant jobs in London and want to join a rapidly growing consultancy in the heart of the city? If you’re detail-oriented with great communication skills, apply for this Research and Development Tax Consultant position in London today!
Discover more Finance Graduate roles in London and across the UK. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.
Luke Owen Edmunds
Key Account Manager