Looking for FinTech Graduate Jobs in London, and interested in R&D? If you want to join a rapidly growing FinTech startup in the midst of rapid growth, apply for this R&D Technical Consultant job today.
In this R&D Technical Consultant job, you will be joining a market-leading startup that helps a number of innovative tech companies make the most of government funding schemes. They are experts in the world of R&D tax credits, and over the course of the last 8 years, have raised over £75 million for over 600 companies - maintaining a 100% success rate across the board.
In this R&D Technical Consultant job, you will be expected to quickly gain a deep understanding of the funding schemes the company offers, and get stuck in helping clients to get the best out of the business within a few weeks. You’ll be at a pivot point between the account management and delivery teams, often accompanying clients on their journey from initial conversations right through to funding. You will need to be very technical and have proven experience working with developers / CTO's.
In this R&D Consultant job, your responsibilities will include:
- Completing video conferences with CTOs, engineers and other R&D ‘do-ers’
- Reviewing any technical data or patents provided by the client
- Visiting clients at incubators, engineering works or factories and finding out more about their work in person
- Identifying new and qualifying tech in collaboration with accounting, sales and account management teams
- Working alongside a team of writing experts to help craft a strong and persuasive technical report on their work
- Sharing a passion for technology and new areas of development that you encounter daily with the team, so that everyone is up to date with bleeding edge tech
- A university degree, ideally in a Technical or Science based subject
- Coding experience - whether a Computer Science (or similar) degree, or within a job or hobbyist realm
- Confident speaking about all things tech
- Previous experience with liaising with developers / CTO's about technical aspects
- A strong rapport-builder with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A confident, independent self-starter who loves finding new ways of engaging clients
- Confidence working with minimal supervision
- Excellent organisational skills - you must be able to efficiently work across multiple projects
- Experience with negotiations and contract management
- Ideally project management experience
- R&D Tax Credits experience is a bonus but not necessary
Benefits of the job
- A highly competitive starting salary of between £35,000 - £45,000
- A flexible approach to work – with the ability to work flexible hours and occasionally working from home
- You can take up to 6 weeks as holiday each year!
- £2,000 yearly training budget to be spent on what you want to learn
- Pension scheme via The People’s Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Weekly “lunch force” allowance
- Monthly company picnics
- Regular wellness and fun days
- The chance to work with some of the coolest and most innovative technology startups around
Looking for R&D Jobs or Technical Consultant Jobs in London, and interested in working for a fast-growing FinTech firm? This new R&D Technical Consultant job could be for you.
Discover more FinTech Graduate Jobs in London and across the UK