Looking for Graduate PR jobs, Junior PR roles, or Account Executive opportunities in London? Interested in joining an independent financial communications consultancy? You’re in luck – this established public relations business is on the lookout for a PR Consultant to join their growing team - apply today!
Company Profile - Financial Communications
In this PR Consultant job in London, you will be joining an independent financial communications consultancy that have a proven track record of providing top-quality advice and service to growth companies. Based in London, they offer clients a range of strategic communications including capital markets communication, as well as corporate positioning and media relations. They pride themselves on their expertise in developing long-term relationships with clients. 25% of their current client portfolio have been working with them for over five years! They are one of London’s few independent agencies, meaning they focus on the services which really make a difference for their clients. With a diverse range of clients on their list within various industries, they are now on the lookout for an ambitious graduate who is looking to kick-start their career in Financial PR and communications.
Key Responsibilities - PR Consultant
In this PR Consultant job, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting partners across a range of sectors and sizes of business
- Conducting daily media monitoring, reviewing business pages of the press, and presenting interesting commentary internally and with clients
- Distributing announcements to target lists of both press and analysts
- You will be assigned to 8-9 client accounts from the get go, and will be in charge of reviewing coverage on those clients, evaluating accuracy, generating a report, and summarising directly to clients
- Booking in press meetings
- Signing off client briefs
- Putting together meeting notes and feedback reports for clients
- Engaging with analysts and formatting investor presentations
- Creating and supporting the delivery of financial PR campaigns
- Ongoing engagement with media - creating opportunities and preparing clients for media interaction
- Developing relationships with the wider financial community
- Contributing to new business activity
Job Requirements - PR Consultant
- A minimum of a 2.1 from university, ideally in a subject related to finance, business, or PR / communications
- Ideally, some experience in PR, communications, or consultancy
- Recent graduates are welcome; having internships and work experience placements throughput university is highly beneficial
- Fantastic organisational skills, the ability to prioritise, and attention to detail
- Exceptional written communication skills and ability to translate financial data into written copy and create corporate announcements
- Strong people skills both face to face and over the phone – you’ll be liaising with clients, press, and analysts from the beginning
- The ability to take autonomy and accountability for your own workload
- Confidence with numbers
- An interest in the news, business, and investing
- A 'can do' approach
Benefits of the Job - PR Consultant
- A competitive starting salary between £23,000 - £27,000 depending on experience
- Offices in the heart of the city in St. Paul’s
- A fantastic company culture! While you will be flexible to work to the hours of a demanding sector, this consultancy promotes flexible working hours in return.
- Fantastic progression opportunities. You could progress to senior consultant and even partner-level!
- The opportunity to work directly with Partners, a range of exciting clients, press and analysts from the beginning
- A level of autonomy over your work
- No hierarchy – no matter what level, your title is a Consultant and you will work as part of a team of PR Consultants where everyone’s ideas are welcomed
Looking for entry-level PR jobs and PR graduate jobs in London? Want to join one of London’s top PR consultancies? If you’re an excellent communicator who keeps up with business affairs, apply for this PR Consultant graduate job in London today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.