Searching for Operations Manager Jobs in London? If you're a proactive and personable graduate with an interest in the digital world, apply for this Operations Manager role today!
In this Operations Manager job, you will be working for a fantastic young startup who are making big waves in the Technology & Digital sector. Based in Shoreditch, they have created a unique product that allows you to unlock doors with your phone. After two years of careful design, testing and iteration, they have successfully produced a marketing-leading product and are now growing their business out across London.
Having launched commercially in 2019, they now need to learn to operate at scale in 2020. You will need to be an ambitious operational leader who can transform existing installations team into an efficient machine that can operate at scale nationally and internationally. This role requires a broad combination of deep intellect, problem-solving skills, practical flair and managerial pragmatism. Day to day work will leap between high-level strategic growth planning, multitasking the running of a busy operation, down to getting on-site and installing the product with your own hands.
In this Operations Manager job, your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a team of field operatives installing the brand across London and further locations as we expand. This includes managing the training and development of direct reports
- Scale our installation operations nationally and internationally, both through hiring and building our outsourcing capabilities
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety and RAMS within our operation
- Build operational efficiency by improving our operational processes and tracking/reducing failures
- Take ownership of the operational side of our product; how do we install in different properties and operate within regulatory frameworks (security, fire safety, insurance etc), and how does this inform the next generation of products that we build
- Become our in-house expert on the landscape of locking hardware, regulation and competitor products
In this Operations Manager role, you'll need:
- A 2.1 from a top university
- Avid drive to solve problems. They are creating a new product, so they need someone who can write the rulebook as they go along
- Experience working in trade or credible DIY experience. This role is predominantly desk-based, but you will initially train alongside our field operatives and will be expected to step on-site and take control wherever needed
- Experience building a team or business. This means finding new ways of operating, instigating new processes and building new tools and systems
- Knowledge of electronics - either through education, past work experience, or hobbyist devices such as Arduino/Pi etc. A working knowledge of intercom/access control systems would clearly be beneficial, but not required if you’re confident to learn on the job!
Benefits of the job
- A great starting salary of £40,000 - £45,000, depending on experience
- Trendy Brick Lane offices with gym membership nearby provided
- Monthly socials
- The chance to shape an early stage start-up
- Flexible working
Looking for Operations Manager Jobs in London, and interested in joining a fast-growing tech startup? Apply for this Operations Manager job now.
Discover more IT, Software and Engineering jobs in London.
Senior Recruitment Consultant