Looking for Junior IT jobs, Entry-level Tech roles, and Technology Graduate positions in Milton Keynes? Want to work for a growing independent school? Join an influential establishment as a Junior IT Support Assistant in Milton Keynes – apply now!
Company profile - Independent School
In this IT Support job, you will be joining a leading private school in Milton Keynes. This top institution was established in 1970 and continues to grow, with multiple schools across the area.
Working as an IT Support Assistant, you will play a key role in managing the systems as the school continues to expand and succeed.
Job description - Junior IT Support
In this Graduate IT Support job, the purpose of your role will be to support on the maintenance of IT functions across the organisation. You will be involved with both software and hardware support as well as coaching members of staff on how to better use the software/resolve issues independently. As you are in a small team, you'll also get to take on new responsibilities in the tech department where necessary.
Key responsibilities - Junior IT Support
In this IT Support job, your responsibilities will include:
- To oversee electronic and technical systems within the school and wider group
- To research current trends and monitor future trends in teaching aids and to advise appropriately
- To provide 1st and 2nd line technical support; answering support queries via phone, email and desk-side
- To carry out the installation and configuration of new computer hardware
- To give in-class support when using ICT
- Support all users in the use of computer equipment by providing necessary training and advice
- Assist and support the setting up of new computer systems
- To train and develop IT technicians at the two schools and where otherwise appropriate, including the use of AV equipment for teaching, training, and school productions
- Other ad hoc support
Job requirements - Junior IT Support
- Sound knowledge of MAC OS X, Windows (including Windows 11), iPad, and Android operating systems
- Cable & Wireless Networking, Switches, Wi-Fi Devices, Network Controllers, Routers and Linux Administration via (Synology DiskStation Manager)
- Sound understanding of the ecosystem and management of Microsoft 365 Admin Centre, Office 365 Administration and Google Workspace Admin
- Sound understanding of computer hardware set up and configuration
- Confident with using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Creative Suite, PC Hardware Builds and Hardware Upgrades
- Experienced in WordPress modification and management
- If you are not completely confident with some of the above it isn’t essential, as long as you have a desire to learn more and have the ability to pick up tech quickly
Benefits of the job - Junior IT Support
- A graduate starting salary of £20,000 - £26,000, depending on experience
- A generous annual leave package of 33 days + bank holidays
- Continued professional development throughout your employment
- Opportunity to work across technical departments and learn a varied range of new skills
Looking for Tech Support jobs, IT Assistant roles, or Graduate Tech opportunities in Milton Keynes? If you are a go-getter with a keenness to learn and an interest in tech, apply for this job today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.