On the hunt for Junior QA Tester and software testing jobs in London? An exciting software house with an innovative mobile publishing platform are looking for a driven QA Tester to join their team in London!
In this QA Tester job, you would be joining an innovative software house nestled (pre-Covid!) in the heart of Central London. Using cutting-edge technology, they have created a slick mobile publishing platform for the world’s biggest names in publishing, retail and media – such as Conde Nast, The Economist, and The Evening Standard. A lively, talented, and dedicated team, they are now looking to expand their London team further – and are on the hunt for a fantastic QA tester to join them.
In this QA Tester job, you will be working to ensure quality and stability across all products. You will be working closely with other teams within the business, such as the product, customer success and development teams, whilst reporting directly to the Head of QA. You will be working on manual testing for a full range of products as well as regression, exploratory and sanity testing, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving. You will need to be a very strong and confident communicator with a forward-thinking approach!
In this QA Tester job, your responsibilities will include:
- Testing across all products, such as server, native apps and web
- Replicating and debugging all types of issues using tools including IDEs, Charles proxy, browser inspectors
- Using JIRA and TestRail to log test results and issues, and explaining detailed test results
- Manual testing, and some automated testing as well as exploratory testing of new features
- Using your written and spoken communication skills to help customers and colleagues
- A strong academic background, having achieved a minimum 2.1 in degree studies
- Fantastic communication and comprehension skills, both written and verbal
- Some experience using iOS & Android devices, Mac & Windows OS and different web browsers
- An interest in understanding of how products interact with each other, superficially and through underlying systems
- A quick learner, someone who can work independently, with a willingness to learn and develop new skills
- Any experience with QA testing is a big advantage but is not a necessity!
- Experience using JIRA in an agile environment would be ideal
- Interest in puzzle-solving!
What else is on offer?
- A competitive starting salary bracket, between £24,000 & £30,000, DOE
- An annual training budget to ensure that you can attend conferences and training
- Access to an annual bonus scheme, additional to your annual salary
- Fantastic offices in Kings Cross (to which one day we hope to return)
- Smooth remote working processes during this global pandemic
- Early finish on Fridays all year round, plus designated 4pm Wednesday finish during COVID & often (remote) social events
On the hunt for graduate software jobs and testing jobs in London? If you're an analytical and forward-thinking graduate who wants to learn more about how systems work - apply to this QA Tester job in London today!
Discover more graduate Developer roles in London and across the UK. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.
Team Lead & Key Account Manager