Looking for Graduate jobs in Client Services, Account Management roles or Graduate Internships in London? A growing Edtech Startup is on the lookout for a personable, driven graduate to join their team as a Client Services Intern in London - apply today!
In this client-focussed Account Executive Internship in London, you'll be joining an exciting EdTech start-up that is making a huge social impact! This EdTech learning platform provides 1:1 maths tutoring for children across primary and secondary education in the UK. In the last year alone, they have more than doubled the number of lessons being provided and are continuing to scale at pace! They are forecasted to double their revenue next year alongside plans to expand overseas into the US market. Having just secured multi-million-pound funding round from investors, they are now looking for a Graduate Client Services Executive to help provide ongoing support to their growing client base.
In this Client Support Internship in London, you will have the opportunity to work with a fun and ambitious team, passionate about building a tech start-up and having a social impact on the world. You will be responsible for building on existing relationships with partnerships across school and parent networks within the UK. You will work in a team of other Client Support interns and be responsible for responding to inbound enquiries via email and phone.
You must be a confident communicator as you will often be speaking to senior leaders within the school. You should also have an emphatic nature, with a solutions-oriented approach to dealing with situations. After a rapid year of growth, this Edtech is now partnered with more than 1300+ schools so you will be required to juggle multiple plates at once! Your progression will be clear-cut, with opportunities to learn and determine your own career path.
*Please note, this internship is due to start at the end of August and run for 12 weeks with the potential to turn into a permanent position at the end, specialising in either Account Management or Client Success*
In this Junior Account Executive role in London, your tasks will include:
- Participating in two week induction training period (Office based)
- Contacting and building rapport with school receptionists via phone and email
- Supporting the Account Management team in setting up new customer accounts
- Speaking to school leaders to discuss their experience, the best package for their school, and their contract renewal
- Providing feedback to the other teams in order to improve user experience
- Good at building rapport quickly
- Empathetic, with a clear passion and enthusiasm for their mission
- Excellent personal organisation and attention to detail
- Willing to work independently as well as in a team, taking initiative to ensure tasks are managed effectively and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and maintain strong relationships across different departments
- Experience working in the education or the EdTech sector an added bonus!
Benefits of the job
- A competitive graduate intern salary of £23,400 (£90 per day)
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Flexible working arrangements (2 weeks induction period will be based in the Aldgate office)
- Spacious office near Aldgate East
- Vitality healthcare with 50% off Virgin Gym, Bi-weekly free cinema tickets, and a free weekly coffee at Starbucks
- Self-development budget and training
- The opportunity to change the lives of students on a global scale
Looking for Graduate Internships in London and Client-facing jobs for graduates? If you are a confident and personable graduate looking to gain experience in a client-facing job, apply to this exciting Client Services Internship at a growing Edtech Start-up based in Central London!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.