Looking for Business Development Manager roles in London? A rapidly growing Ed-Tech SaaS start-up are seeking a Business Development Manager to join their London based team - apply today!
In this graduate Business Development Manager job in London, you will be joining a hugely successful EdTech start-up. They have created an educations admissions platform for further education colleges to increase their revenue by reducing student drop-outs during the admissions process and improving the understanding of why students drop out. Using a “human-assisted” chatbot that connects to students through WhatsApp their platform is an early intervention warning allowing their clients to stay ahead of problems and competitors. Having secured their first series of Seed funding with investors such as Bibliu, and EdTech unicorn 2U.com they are now looking for a Business Development Executive to join their Founder as their first hire for the sales team.
In this graduate sales job in London, you will focus on growing revenue through the acquisition and winning of new business. You will be skilled in identifying market opportunities, prospecting new clients, winning clients, converting warms leads and upselling to existing accounts. The Business Development Executive will play a key role in the business, as you will be turning new customers into long-term profitable relationships and will represent the brand as a first point of contact. You will need to enjoy working autonomously, as you’ll get to decide how you want to manage your own workload to ensure you’re hitting targets. You will report directly to the Founder, who will be on providing industry-leading sales training and support.
In this Business Development Manager opportunity for graduates, your responsibilities will include:
- Achieving monthly quotas for new revenue and customer growth targets.
- You will be expected to create and implement your own annual sales plan to help us grow towards our Series A funding round
- Strategically building, managing and closing a sales pipeline to achieve monthly goals, you will develop sales development qualification processes
- Driving new initiatives to prospect outbound leads, focusing on high value or high converting segments.
- Identifying opportunities to continue growing the current customer base, expanding existing revenue through upselling
- Conducting online product demonstrations to stakeholders demonstrating the product and its capabilities to prospective clients
- Maintaining and keeping an updated record of all customer activities in a CRM on a daily basis, this is critical to giving their auditors and investors an idea of how well we are doing
- A 2.1 from a top University
- Proven experience in sales, you will ideally have at least 6 months in a targeted and commercial sales role with exposure to cold calling and prospecting, ideally in a 360 sales role such as Business Development or Recruitment
- The ability to convert leads and closing deals, you will have full sales cycle experience
- Previous experiences conducting product demos and closing is a huge bonus
- Have excellent communication skills, on Zoom, phone and via email
- You’ll naturally be driven, persistent, resilient, humble, but love the hustle of sales
- You’re a genuine team player and will go above and beyond to support your colleagues
- You have an innate sense of responsibility and are happy to work independently and structure your own day
- A genuine interest in tech and start-ups, you’ll love the pace and challenge of being in a dynamic and ambitious start-up
Benefits of the job
- A competitive base of £25,0000 - £30,000 + commission (OTE 40k)
- The chance to make a real impact as one of the first sales hires and first 10 employees
- Flexible working hours, initially remote working till New Year
- Working for an exciting EdTech start-up improving student wellbeing and student retention rates
- Hands-on training and mentoring from the founder
Looking for graduate Sales and graduate Business Development roles in London? If you're an ambitious and driven graduate with previous sales experience apply to this Business Development Manager role in London today!
Discover more graduate Sales and Business Development roles across the UK. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.
Key Account Manager