One of the largest furnishing and interior design specialists are on the lookout for a Graduate Warehouse Operations Manager to join their London team. If you're looking for Operations jobs in London, apply today!
In this Graduate Warehouse Manager job in London, you'll be working for the UK’s largest and most resourceful furnishing and specialist services provider to property professionals nationwide. Founded in 1998 they have gone from strength to strength and have progressively expanded and added additional services – recently entering CityAM’s Leap 100 list of the most exciting, fast-growing companies to look out for. If you're an Operations Manager interested in bespoke furnishings and interior design, apply today!
In this Operations Manager job in London, you will be working alongside the existing Warehouse team to ensure the smooth running of operations. You will be responsible for the day to day management of the warehouse operations in London, this includes multi-site storage and overflow warehouse/ You will also be directly responsible for the management of the warehousing teams. You will be ensuring the quality of service, customer obsession and efficiency are paramount in decision making within process, policies and procedures throughout the country. The ideal candidate will be an exceptional team player and driven to achieve excellence.
In this Logistics Manager job in London, your responsibilities will include:
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organising, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
- Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfilment centre and manage the flow and quality of work to maximise efficiency and minimise overtime
- Oversee and manage logistics utilised to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages
For this Operations role, you will need:
- A 2.1 from a top university
- Previous experience in a warehouse role ideal but not necessary
- ability to lead teams from the front
- Good communication skills, with the ability to write reports, correspondence and deliver presentations to a high standard
- Good teamworking skills: building relationships across departments, providing encouragement & support to help the teams perform under pressure
- Be extremely motivated with a diligent work ethic
- Autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset: essential to take full ownership of goals, deadlines, and targets
Benefits of the Job
- A high starting salary of £30,000
- Join a fast-growing, reputable company
- Opportunities for travel nationally
- Remote working available
- Pension scheme 2% Employer and 3% min Employee
- 28 days holiday plus one day of holiday for each year of service up to 5 years giving a total of 33 days
- Furniture at up to 75% discount after 6 months qualifying period
- Social Events
If you're looking for Logistics jobs and Senior Operations jobs in London and have a 2.1 degree from a top university, apply to this Graduate Operations Manager job in London today!
Discover more Operations Graduate Jobs in London and across the UK. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.