Looking for Graduate Operations jobs or Community Associate roles in London? Interested in Tech? This community-focused workspace company is now looking for a Community Executive to join them in their London offices - apply today!
In this Community Associate role in London, you will be joining a member-centric company that designs, creates & operates working environments for scaling technology companies. Their mission is to elevate the companies building the future. The workplace is undergoing rapid change & transformation: they are at the cutting edge of workplace design, providing flexible & collaborative environments that enable technology businesses to thrive. This company is at its heart a people business: the team they build and the relationships they form with their members is what makes their spaces come to life.
Job description - Community Associate
This Community Executive role will suit you if are genuinely interested in making a difference to people’s working life and you understand how you can influence the experience in a hospitality environment. They want the company and this role to be the starting point for a career within Hospitality & Operations: they will provide you with the experience, tools, and support to facilitate a pathway to success in this industry. If you’re looking for your first customer-facing role in operations, this Community Associate role could be the one for you.
Key responsibilities - Community Associate
- Be the face of the building! Manage the front desk, providing support and greeting anyone who comes in, placing high importance on knowing members and being able to answer any questions they have
- Relationship management - create and nurture relationships with third parties
- Support and service recovery, escalating any necessary issues
- Safety and security, understanding and ensuring any emergency plans are understood and in place
- Event support, helping with event programming and feedback
- Being the hub of the community and creating bespoke experiences for each of the members
Job requirements - Community Associate
- A 2.1 degree or above from university
- Experience in customer service or hospitality is beneficial
- Knowledge of tech + startups is useful!
- Great written, verbal, and listening skills
- A can-do attitude and high attention to detail
- Ability to be self-motivated and meet targets
Benefits of the job - Community Associate
- A great starting salary of £24,000
- Central London location
- Good progression
- Sociable team
- Flexible working
Looking for Community Operator jobs or Office Management roles in London? If you're a motivated and organised individual, with great people skills, this Community Associate job may be perfect for you - apply today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability, or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this