Give A Grad A Go is hiring! We are looking for a Junior Digital Designer to join our marketing team. If you have a background in graphic design, along with an interest in marketing, this Graduate Designer job in London could be perfect for you - apply to join us today!
In this Junior Digital Designer role, you’ll be joining the dynamic team at Give A Grad A Go. The team works across many different sectors - including IT & Tech, Marketing & Advertising, Banking & Finance, and Creative & Design - on roles ranging from entry-level graduate schemes, through to 2nd and 3rd level career opportunities. We’ve now helped over 4,000 graduates find jobs they love!
As we continue to grow, we’re on the lookout for a new Junior Digital Designer/Entry-level Graphic Designer to join our team.
Job description - Junior Digital Designer
In this Digital Designer job, you'll need to be an all-rounder. You will be taking ownership of creating engaging marketing assets, including (but not limited to): email templates, infographics, web and social media, printed and digital collateral, as well as offering creative assistance to the wider marketing team. Your role will not be isolated to the design stage - you will be working alongside the marketing team from start to finish for each project. As well as taking on a range of marketing and design responsibilities, you'll also get the chance to put forward new ideas and have a real say in the direction of our marketing strategy.
Key responsibilities - Junior Digital Designer
In this Junior Designer job in London, your responsibilities will include:
- Creating engaging visual assets for Give A Grad A Go's marketing channels: email marketing campaigns, web content, printed collateral, infographics, PDFs, social media, paid media, as well as various other ad hoc projects.
- Creating vital sales material for the UK and Australia branch, from data organisation and content writing, to creative thought sessions and start to finish design.
- Delivering image and video content that is fresh, engaging, and on-brand.
- Consistently thinking up new creative ideas and ways to market to students, graduates, and employers.
- Self-proofing to ensure that all work is accurate and of high quality.
- Being our brand guardian - ensuring that all creative content is consistent and on-brand.
- Supporting the wider marketing team on a range of tasks - including creating and updating monthly newsletters, scheduling posts for social media, photography, content creation, etc.
- Contributing to creative thought sessions and researching new ideas.
- Assist the wider marketing team with building and establishing our brand. We want to hear your ideas and utilise your creative experience to help build and maintain a consistent brand that represents Give A Grad A Go and what we do.
Job requirements - Junior Digital Designer
- A minimum of 6 months experience of professional work, either from placements, full-time work, or freelance work.
- A degree in a design-focused course (alongside marketing is a plus), such as Digital Media Design, Marketing and Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or similar.
- A portfolio with examples of your design work, primarily marketing and commercial design.
- Excellent skills in a professional design software of your choice - we use a combination of InDesign and other Adobe Creative Suite software, but work primarily in Figma. Any previous Figma knowledge is a huge plus, but you'll receive any support and training needed to get your Figma skills up to scratch.
- Someone who is witty and has a good sense of humour, to create engaging and funny social media content.
- Some video editing skills are a plus, anywhere from basic iMovie knowledge to professional software experience like Premier Pro.
- The ability to work to deadlines and juggle a range of tasks at any given time.
- Someone who can work autonomously on smaller projects, as a small team on larger projects, and also as a key member within a larger team.
- Additional bonus if you have some HTML skills, basic CSS skills, and photography skills.
Benefits of the job - Junior Digital Designer
- A great graduate starting salary of £23,000.
- Early finishes on Fridays - making your weekend feel that bit longer!
- Plenty of team nights out and other fun events.
- You won’t have to stash your holidays here - we close between Christmas and New Year, and those days don't come out of your holiday allowance.
- Your Birthday off work - plus the opportunity to win extra days off with the 'Employee of the Month'.
- The opportunity to take the next step in your design career. We take your personal and professional development seriously - thanks to monthly and quarterly reviews we help you to put together your own plan for how you would like to progress.
- The chance to have your ideas heard and have a real impact on the business from day one.
- Find out more about what it’s like to work for us on our website.
Are you looking for Junior Graphic Design jobs, Social Media Designer roles, or Digital Design opportunities in London? Interested in becoming the newest member of Give A Grad A Go's marketing team? If you have a background in design and are looking for a creative role with lots of autonomy, apply for this Entry-level Designer role in London today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.