On the hunt to level up your career in the world of Investments, Hedge Funds & Asset Management? Interested in working in Business Development with Investors and Hedge Funds on a daily basis? A fantastic opportunity has just opened at an exciting firm who are looking for a motivated professional to join their team as a Business Development Associate in London!
Company Profile – Asset Management
In this Business Development opportunity in London, you will be working for a firm that specialises in matching investors with fund managers. This specialist firm in the asset management industry has seen great success in the past few years, even growing through the challenging 2020 market. They work with Hedge Funds, Long Only, Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure and other Collective Investment funds in order to identify investors worldwide that would be susceptible to investing in their funds. Many of our fund clients are prestigious, established names in the industry. They speak with institutional investors all over the globe about their mandates, searching for matches between investor requirements and the universe of available funds.
They are looking for somebody who can successfully communicate their values and their unique business model, as well as be able to convince the asset management industry that the firm is the right partner in helping them build their business.
Job Description – Business Development Associate
In this Business Development Associate job, the is to help grow the businesses fund client base in a sustainable and efficient way, working closely with the other members of a small sales team. You’ll have varied responsibilities day-to-day, taking a multichannel approach to bringing on news funds as clients and ultimately playing a vital role in growing your business as well as the funds.
Key Responsibilities – Business Development Associate
In this Business Development job in London, your responsibilities will include:
- Develop opportunities through firm leads & your own research to establish whether or not fund managers may be suitable for the service.
- Introduce new fund managers to the firm - various methods of outreach include cold-calling, marketing and email campaigns, attending conferences, acting upon referrals from industry contacts and current clients, managing incoming requests.
- Be an ambassador for the firm and have a thorough knowledge of their service.
- Gather correct contact information and firm details; using access to external data and information sources and an internal CRM.
- Record all interactions with potential clients within a CRM system - maintain an up-to-date record of all sales pipelines and prospects so that accurate forecasts can be made.
- Draft proposals and other supporting material required post-meeting. This may involve producing supporting documents and stats.
- Produce weekly progress reports for senior management.
- Participate in regular review sessions with senior management to assess performance.
- Follow up with companies where the firm has had past relationships, re-initiating contact.
- Arrange and attend sales meetings - pitching the Murano service offering.
- Understand their competitors and value proposition. Be able to answer questions surrounding the business model, and run sales meetings with senior executives.
- Organise and execute any follow-up processes that are required post-meeting.
- Help to prepare formal agreements.
Job Requirements - Business Development Associate
- At least a 2.1 degree from a top university
- Experience in a business development or sales role (bonus points for this experience in the financial services industry
- A hungry, ambitious, personable, and articulate demeanour
- Fantastic communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional relationship and network-building skills
- Confidence to multi-task and keep many plates spinning at once
- Relevant experience would be beneficial but is not a prerequisite.
- An enthusiastic, resilient, and proactive approach
Benefits of the Job - Business Development Associate
- A starting basic salary of £40,000 – £60,000 (with performance-based bonuses)
- The opportunity to quickly start earning monthly bonuses based on your individual success
- Potential for Investment Manager Certificate (IMC), or Chartered Financial Analyst (FCA), or CAIA (Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst) qualifications once established within the business
- Excellent progression and training
- Great exposure to the asset management and hedge fund world, with the opportunity to progress your career down these avenues
- Friendly office atmosphere.
If you're looking for Business Development and Asset Management jobs in London and want to work for a growing Finance company, apply for this Business Development Associate opportunity in London today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.