Looking for Accounting Jobs in London? If you have 4 years Accounting experience, and are a ACCA, CIMA or ACA qualified account, apply for this Assistant Financial Controller job at a leading FinTech firm now.
In this Assistant Financial Controller job, you will be joining an award-winning FinTech startup based in Shoreditch. Their revolutionary accounting software has ensured that they are the go-to firm for technical accounting solutions. They have become internationally renowned for their expert tax knowledge and uniquely tailored approach. They are committed to helping solve the challenges of startup life by providing innovative accounting technology and offering invaluable industry expertise to their diverse portfolio of clients.
In this Assistant Financial Controller job, you will be taking charge of your own portfolio of seed-to-venture backed clients. You’ll be responsible for ensuring that junior staff members are able to deliver exceptional standards, as well as stepping into provide interim CFO support to an impressive portfolio of tech clients. This Assistant Financial Controller role will see you onboarding clients to ensure the customer journey is seamless, increasing client retention and relationships, as well as liaising with legal advisors over any fund raising issues, and ensuring that procedures are met.
In this Assistant Financial Controller job, your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a client portfolio for a diverse range of tech startups, providing an excellent, proactive services for the seed to venture backed portfolio
- Managing monthly management accounts, VAT, PAYE, CT600 delivery, and providing interim CFO support to small portfolio of clients
- Supervising monthly accounting month end close, as well as ensuring that junior staff members deliver
- Preparing statutory annual accounts for filing
- Taking a proactive role in improving information and procedures
- Liaising with legal advisors over any fund raising issues and ensure procedures are met
- Onboarding clients to ensure the customer onboarding journey is seamless, increasing client retention and relationships
- Some client services include professional clearance and monitoring response times
- Ensuring that the company is adhering to financial standards
- Helping to improve the internal processes within the business
- 4 years+ experience working in a accountancy firm, ideally within a small firm working with SME/startups
- A minimum of a 2.1 degree from a top university
- Fully Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
- Experience of accounting for OMB's/SME's
- Xero experience is a big plus!
- A desire to dive into the world of FinTech startups
- Extensive knowledge of PAYE, VAT, accounts payables, accounts receivables and month end processes
- The ability to take the initiative to solve problems and a desire to learn are key
- Great communication skills – you’ll need to be confident communicating with a variety of teams
Benefits of the job
- A highly competitive starting salary of between £50,000 - £55,000
- Structured career progression
- A generous 30 days of annual leave, not including Bank Holidays!
- Fully stocked fridge
- Great tech - shiny new Macbook Air
- Perk box scheme
- The chance to join a award winning young, vibrant and exceptionally hardworking team
Looking for Assistant Financial Controller Jobs in London, and want to work in a fast-growing FinTech startup?
Discover more Accounting & Finance Jobs in London