Looking for remote Legal Assistant jobs and for graduate Editorial Assistant jobs? An innovative legal company are on the hunt for a Law graduate to join them on a remote basis as a Legal Assistant!
In this Legal Editorial Assistant graduate role, you will be joining a business that creates learning materials for law students – and are passionate about making sure that their guides are the best available anywhere on the market. Their mission is to create study materials that tell students what they really need to know for exam success, without all the waffle.
They are a small team of qualified solicitors and other professionals. They author, edit and publish over 35 guides for law students on the LLB, GDL, PGDL and LPC courses. Most of these are updated annually, and we also have plans to create new SQE guides and other online learning materials.
In this Graduate Law job, you will be helping to edit and improve our existing guides, get new guides ready for publication and generally assist them with marketing and growth. You will need a good eye for detail and a skill for writing and editing. This role has the potential to grow and develop, which could include managing legal contributors, creating new customers or setting operational goals.
Please note: this role will be a completely remote role.
In this Graduate Legal Assistant job, your responsibilities will include:
- Helping us to review and edit our current guides.
- Supporting the team with legal updates.
- Supporting the team with getting guides ready for publication.
- Working with authors and other members of the team to put new products together.
- Legal writing
- Assisting us with marketing, including writing/posting blogs, articles and emails and managing social media posts.
- Assisting in the operational running of a small, growing business.
- A graduate from university with a legal background (LLB, GDL, LPC or equivalent).
- Someone who cares about helping law students get to grips with difficult subjects and who is able to distil complex and technical material into easy to access resources.
- A self-starter, willing to commit to learning skills for the role without being micro-managed but who knows when to reach out for help.
- Fantastic attention to detail.
- Great time-management skills and the ability to prioritise and balance multiple tasks.
- Previous experience in legal writing, marketing and/or working in a startup is desirable but not essential – if you’re keen to learn then they’re keen to show you.
Benefits of the job
- A graduate starting salary of £20,000 - £21,000
- An exciting opportunity to be involved in all parts of a small and growing business.
- A role that offers both technical learning and personal development, but also one that really can be shaped by your strengths and skills.
- Completely remote and pretty flexible working hours.
- Option (possibly) for some of your work to count towards Qualifying Work Experience (QWE) for the SQE (they are currently reviewing the SRA’s guidelines on this).
Looking for Editorial Assistant jobs and want to take the first step in your legal career? If you’re a graduate who wants to be part of company growth, apply for this remote Legal Editorial Assistant job today!
Find other Law and Administration roles in London and across the UK. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.