A leading global provider of energy forecasting solutions is searching for a proactive Technical Support Engineer to join their fast-growing team. If you're looking for Graduate Engineering jobs or IT Support jobs within the energy sector, apply to this brilliant opportunity in London today!
Company profile - Energy
In this IT Analyst job, you will be joining the market leader in forecasting solutions, which responds to problems in the energy industry. Founded in the early '90s, they offer immediately accessible and highly accurate forecasting solutions for wholesale energy markets worldwide.
Their expert, dedicated team of analysts and engineers work to provide accurate, reliable, and comprehensive forecasting solutions to a vast and varied client base. With offices in the UK, US, and New Zealand, they are now looking to grow their support team with this hire.
Job description - IT Analyst
In this Technical Support Engineer job, you will be working to provide first, second, and some third-line customer support, working on the applications that deliver services to a portfolio of UK, European, and Middle Eastern customers. Interacting with customers by phone, email and in person, you will work across departments and teams to ensure their customers receive the highest level of output from the product.
Collaboration is key, working closely with the Forecasting team and liaising with your counterparts across US & NZ markets. This is a dynamic and fast-moving role, ideal for a skilled Technical Engineer who thrives on such crucial work!
Key responsibilities - IT Analyst
In this IT Analyst role, your responsibilities will include:
- Work in close co-operation with the Forecasting Teams to ensure the delivery of our forecasts and services
- Support the design, build, install, and maintenance of systems both on-premises and within AWS to deliver reliable, time-critical services to a portfolio of UK, European, and Middle Eastern customers
- Provide all levels of customer support as the need arises. This will involve interacting with customers both remotely and in-person either in-office or directly at their place of business in order to assist with Customer Support queries, and troubleshooting in a timely fashion
- Take an active role in the cooperation between the Technical Solutions Team and Software Development team; planning the development and testing of new applications and application features within the client environment
Job requirements - IT Analyst
- Proven capability to apply methodical, logical process-driven working techniques and approaches to problems along with strong critical thinking skills (e.g. Logical Flow of events, how changes affect the wider systems, etc.)
- Able to effectively communicate with internal/external clients using a number of mediums (Email, Teams based chat, Phones, face-to-face meetings, etc)
- You must be able to demonstrate at the interview that you are proactive and able to work on your own initiative, with strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to maintain and troubleshoot a range of business-critical applications within the Windows Eco System
- Basic familiarity with C# or related OO language
- Proven ability to work with Ticketing/reporting systems, and alert systems
- Basic familiarity with core Networking concepts (DHCP, DNS)
Benefits of the job - IT Analyst
- A competitive starting salary bracket between £28,000 - £32,000, dependent on experience
- Non-contributory pension plan, life and critical illness cover, wellness benefit, cycle ownership scheme, to name but a few!
- A very desirable personal training budget, our client take your further development very seriously
- Membership in team bonus pool after 12 months
- Fantastic offices in Central London, with some of the best food markets and social scenes in the City on your doorstep
- The opportunity to work and learn from experienced professionals in a highly specialised, global market
Looking for Graduate IT jobs or If you're searching for entry-level IT jobs in London or a career in Engineering, and you want to work for a leading energy forecasting company, look no further. Apply for this IT Analyst job in London today!
Give A Grad a Go is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or other. We are continually finding ways to improve the way we work, read our Diversity and Inclusion promise for more information about this.