Looking for Finance Manager jobs in north London? A leading international E-commerce business are looking for a Finance Manager to join their Watford based office - apply today!
In this graduate Finance role in Watford, you will be joining a modern retailer of stylish and sustainable items for 0-5s, selling over 250 brands from around the world and their own label. Established in 2015, and open for business since May 2016, their ambition is to be the modern shopper’s store of choice for the 0-5s in their lives. Their management team have years of invaluable experience in market-leading, international E-commerce businesses. With some substantial funding, in just 4 years they’ve grown substantially, and recent events have only served to propel them forward, as people increasingly shift to online retail.
In this Finance Manager role in north London, reporting to the Finance Director, you will be responsible for the day to day running of financial activities in addition to supporting larger projects within the finance team, and commercial analysis to drive decision making across the business. The ideal candidate would be a commercial Finance Manager with experience in management accounting. As the business grows (and the finance function with it) there will be further opportunities to develop within the brand.
In this Finance Manager opportunity in Watford, your responsibilities will include:
- Day to day accounting and keeping Xero reconciled throughout the month
- Key role in finance ‘projects’ in the year ahead including
- Supplier payment term reviews
- Banking and currency strategy
- Running month-end (P&L / BS / Cash summary) and producing the Month End Pack, including variance analysis
- Liaison with external payroll providers
- Submitting VAT returns
- From a more commercial perspective this person would also be responsible for:
- Supporting Buying & Merchandising with reviews of department performance and supplier margin negotiations
- Key role (alongside FD) in establishing and running quarterly re-forecasting (P&L / BS / CF) and the annual budget
- Cash runway forecasting
- Partnering with all the business functions to develop reporting and insight across the business
- Deep dives across all areas of the P&L and recommending efficiencies
- Ad hoc analysis to support real-time business decisions around promotions, free delivery thresholds, as well as helping to track & measure the success of our 2020 goals
- You are a qualified accountant.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, or newly qualified (and direct from an accounting practice).
- Previous experience in the Retail sector and of using Xero would be an advantage, but not essential. This role would best suit someone with
- Excellent attention to detail - you never leave a document unchecked
- A genuine interest in E-commerce
- A genuine interest in being part of a disruptive and rapidly growing business
- A real team player - you strive for personal and collective success
- A can-do attitude - you approach work with positivity and excitement
Benefits of the job
- A starting salary of £50,000 - £60, 000 (DOE)
- A culture of positivity, helpfulness, and mutual respect
- On-site coffee shop/canteen, a large 24-hour gym, treatment rooms....and a hair salon is under construction
- The opportunity to join a business on a fast growth trajectory business with personal development opportunities befitting of highly ambitious individuals
- A forward-thinking, constantly evolving work environment
If you're looking for Finance Manager Jobs near London and you're a qualified Accountant, apply for this Finance Manager opportunity for graduates in Watford today!
Discover more graduate Finance roles in London and across the UK. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.