Looking for Energy Analyst Graduate Jobs in London and want to join the leading global provider of energy forecasting solutions? This new Energy Forecasting Analyst could be your ideal graduate role!
In this Energy Forecasting Analyst graduate job, you will be joining the market leader in forecasting solutions, who respond to problems in the energy industry. Founded in the early 90's, they offer immediately accessible and highly accurate forecasting solutions for wholesale energy markets worldwide. Their expert, dedicated team of analysts and engineers work to provide accurate, reliable, and comprehensive forecasting solutions to a vast and eclectic client base.
In this Energy Forecasting Analyst job, you will be the newest member of the UK team of Analysts, joining an organisation who work across the US, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. You will be working to constantly improve the accuracy of the business forecasts and the reliability of the service. You will need to be mathematical, analytical and energy-savvy; as you’ll be expected to hit the ground running in this role, handling big data sets, maintaining different data processing tools and developing methodologies around emerging energy trends.
In this Energy Forecasting Analyst graduate job, your responsibilities will include:
- Learning the businesses proprietary methods of electric load, gas and renewable generation forecasting, model production, statistical calibration and maintenance
- Helping to maintain and develop the different data processing tools (data processing scripts, databases and forecast deliveries)
- Manipulating and analysing large datasets in the process of building models
- Working in cooperation with the Client Support Engineers to ensure the efficient delivery of forecasts and services
- Interacting with clients via phone, email and in person either in the office or directly at their place of business
- Using your statistical background and analytical skills to describe complex results in a concise manner
- Researching and helping to develop methodologies around emerging energy trends and new markets, potentially leading to new product development
- A minimum of a 2.1 from a top university
- Ideally an Economics or Mathematical background, with solid understanding of Econometrics
- A genuine interest in both analysis and working with technology to create highly detailed forecasts
- Strong analytical skills and good attention to detail
- Previous experience or a postgraduate knowledge of statistical theory and / or econometrics would be ideal, but is not a pre-requisite
- Ideally some basic knowledge of R, Python or VBA would be beneficial
- Confidence working autonomously, with a real team spirit
Benefits of the job
- A great starting salary of £29,000
- A cycle ownership scheme along with a pension plan
- Fantastic offices in Central London
- The opportunity to work and learn from experienced professionals in a highly specialised market
Looking for Analyst Graduate Jobs in the Energy Sector in London? If you’re interested in forecasting and working for a global business, apply for this Energy Forecasting Analyst job in London today!