Looking for Graduate Sales jobs and Graduate Business Development jobs in London? A unique SaaS start-up working in environmental, social and corporate investment are looking for a driven Business Development Executive to join their growing team in London!
In this Business Development Executive job in London, you will be joining a Boutique SaaS start-up founded in 2019 that’s tackling ESG Investment (Environmental, social and corporate governance), the three central factors in measuring the sustainability and societal impact of an investment. Their SaaS platform is designed specifically for investment managers and is comprised of a dashboard that lets clients keep tabs on all the key ESG risks in their investment portfolio, and analyses the ESG risks and performance of companies, they may be looking to invest in. To develop their business further they need a tenacious and talented Business Development Executive to join their expanding team and help drive New Business.
In this graduate Sales job in London, you will focus on growing revenue through lead generation and booking meetings. You will need to enjoy working to targets and conducting outbound prospecting and have a passion for the financial services sector as well as sustainability/ESG. The ESG Startups target clients are asset management institutions, wealth management firms, and hedge funds, most of whom are very time-constrained people running stock and bond portfolios worth over £100m.
You’ll be identifying market opportunities, prospecting new clients within the financial services and investment sector, using multi channel outreach to secure a 1-hour sales demonstration slots for your Business Development Manager and the CEO (on-screen or in-office) with senior investment personnel and/or to senior management decision-makers. You will not be hugely experienced, but you will have the confidence and refined professionalism required to gain credibility with fund managers in different financial centres.
In this New Business Executive graduate role, your responsibilities will include:
- Book outbound meetings using a variety of social selling techniques such as cold calls, emails, social outreach, networking and independent research
- Consistently engage with prospects and articulate the product in an effective manner
- Conduct discovery and introduction calls with prospects to evaluate pain points
- Generate and manage sales pipeline; maintain impeccable admin and update all activity in salesforce
- Driving new initiatives to prospect outbound leads, focusing on high value or high converting segments.
- Work in conjunction with Business Development manager to convert opportunities created into sales qualified leads
- Identifying opportunities to continue growing the current customer base
- Maintaining and keeping an updated record of all customer activities in a CRM on a daily basis, this is critical to giving their auditors and investors an idea of how well we are doing
- Ideally, you will have a 2.1 from a good university
- Proven experience in outbound sales, you will ideally have at least 6 months in a targeted and commercial sales role with exposure to cold calling and prospecting
- Experiences and understanding of social selling and lead generation is highly beneficial
- A clearly demonstrated passion for socially responsible investment, carbon emissions, labour policies, waste recycling and other ESG related factors.
- Have excellent communication skills, on Zoom, phone and via email
- You’ll naturally be driven, persistent, resilient, humble, but love the hustle of sales
- You’re a genuine team player and will go above and beyond to support your colleagues
- You have an innate sense of responsibility and are happy to work independently and structure your own day
- A genuine interest in tech and start-ups, you’ll love the pace and challenge of being in a dynamic and ambitious start-up
Benefits of the job
- A competitive base of £25,0000 - £30,000 + commission (OTE £35-£45k)
- Early entry into a growing start-up (still one of the first 10 employees) - where you will work directly with the Founder & CEO, rapidly learning about ESG and how financial markets work.
- Gym membership, paid-for social evenings and 25 days’ paid holiday.
- All the support you need to learn and accelerate, from the CEO & Business Development Manager
- Varied work and the opportunity to suggest new product ideas and commercial initiatives whenever
- A fun and modern work environment, in the middle of the vibrant City of London, with working-from-home flexibility.
- You’ll be working to develop into a mature Business Development Manager carrying out 360 sales including Demos
- An invaluable opportunity to work within the sustainable and socially responsible investment/ finance industry
Looking for entry-level Sales jobs and want to kick-start a career in sales at an exciting start-up making a positive impact on the environment? If you're a driven graduate with previous sales experience, apply to this Business Development Executive role in London today!
Discover more Sales opportunities in London. Or find out the best way to answer common Interview Questions.
Key Account Manager