- 1st Line Support
- IT & Tech
- Customer service
Our client is on the search for a Service Desk Analyst (1st Line Support).
The company is an established and successful IT Services Consultancy. Based in central London their services make IT work seamlessly for SMEs, as well as being a trusted advisor on email, collaboration and file sharing technologies. Their services include; IT Management & Support, Cloud Services & Infrastructure Consultancy.
As they continue to build on their success, they are looking to expand their team of Technical & Support Engineers
As a Service Desk Analyst, you will be providing remote technical support for a number of clients. As an IT graduate joining the business, you will be put on a two-year graduate training programme to help develop your future career in IT Support – this includes both external and in-house training. You will gain an in-depth knowledge of an array of technologies; 365, SQL Server, VMware, Firewalls, Internet setup, Citrix, Desktops and Office 2013.
- Delivering excellent customer interaction, prioritising issues and demonstrate responsible management of issues
- Talking confidently with clients about a range of technologies, bringing in team specialists and consultants as required
- Target zero customer chase ups on issues and achievement of SLAs
- Demonstrating increased independence, ownership and foundation skills (eventually this will lead to ownership of clients, visiting their premises when required)
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers, vendors and maintainers to complete tasks
- Gaining clients’ trust in terms of ownership of issues through to completion, providing prompt updates and ensuring all client requests are met
- Understanding technologies and how they fit together, including a more developed understanding of a particular technology, for example 365, SQL Server, VMware, Firewalls, Internet setup, Citrix Desktops, Office 2013.
So, what are we looking for?
- A solid academic background in IT/ computer related, physics or engineering discipline, possibly combined with business.
- A basic understanding of the following: Hardware and peripherals including PCs, laptops and printers, Microsoft office, Microsoft Server, Networking including LAN, WAN, firewalls and routers, Applications/software, Citrix.
- An excellent telephone manner with great communication skills
- An ability to engage professionally and deliver an exceptional client experience at all times
- An ability to work under pressure and respond to tight deadlines whilst prioritising workload
- Personal accountability for on-time deliverables and delighting clients
- Demonstration of tenacity and character – for example via the Duke of Edinburgh Award
- The ability to speak Spanish would be a very helpful addition
- Previous experience in an IT Support related role would be a bonus as would any certifications – MCSE, CompTIA+, CCNA etc
- You will embark on their two-year graduate training programme, which will support you professionally as you gain more experience in the role
- Company pension plan
- Private healthcare
- Yearly company performance bonus
- 20 days’ holiday in addition to bank holidays, as well as a day off for your birthday