Helping students break through into the graduate jobs market
Boost is Give A Grad A Go’s student community who are looking to get ahead of the game in their graduate job search. A free service; this network aims to support soon-to-be graduates with their graduate job hunt by offering help, guidance, and fuelling their ambitions.
Can't find what you're looking for on this page? Email email@example.com to find out more!
What can students expect when joining Boost?
The clue is in the name. If we think your application is the right fit for a role, we’ll be sure to give your CV a ‘boost’!
- Bespoke support with the graduate job hunt throughout the academic year: career counselling sessions with one of our graduate career experts at Give A Grad A Go
- A first-hand introduction into the wide range of companies we work with
- The opportunity to network with like-minded students from a broad array of backgrounds and experiences
What are the requirements?
- You must be currently studying at University
- You must be eligible to work in the UK after you graduate
So, what are we looking for?
- Bags of motivation and drive for launching your career – whether you're set on a certain sector or open to all industries, you must be eager to further your graduate career prospects
- A well-rounded and hardworking attitude, exemplified through juggling extra-curricular activities on top of your studies (this could be a society/club involvement or a part-time job)
- A bright individual who is both academically and commercially switched-on
- If we think your CV matches what we're looking for, we'll arrange a telephone interview to get a better understanding of you and your career objectives. This will then give us a chance to figure out if you will be a right fit for Boost.
- After your interview, you will hear back from us within a few working days to confirm whether you've been successful securing a spot on Boost.
- We are accepting nominations on a rolling basis so spaces are limited!
How will this benefit you?
"The pressure to secure a graduate job has been undoubtedly rising, especially for students in their final year. Juggling university along with looming graduate scheme application deadlines can be overwhelming to say the least.
This was further confirmed when going on-campus by the kinds of questions and feedback we’d come across from students regarding their career concerns. The biggest worries were:
- Will I get a job?
- I don’t want to end up in a dead-end job
Enter Boost. This network will serve as your go-to place for any career-related questions you may have, giving you the opportunity to tap into the wealth of knowledge our team of graduate career experts have accumulated. Whether you need support in preparing for an interview, or exploring different career paths, Boost will give you the tools you need to succeed in landing that first job."
Gillian Vevers, Candidate Coordinator
“Give A Grad A Go provided me ample time to ask questions about various industries and roles I was interested in and were able to respond with a wide variety of insight and helpful comments from their experience. I never felt rushed – they gave me plenty of time to ponder on certain areas I needed help with which helped me steer my choices and gain more context on what I want from my career.”
Josh, Exeter University
“Give A Grad A Go's Boost programme has been fantastic! The advice I received throughout the year from their team of graduate career experts has been invaluable in deciding on a career path and successfully applying for my dream job. The team take the time to get to know each individual so that when they're ready they can help find the role that best suits them. This level of care and support is unlike any company I've come across and I strongly recommend that students make the most of such an amazing service!”
Emma, Edinburgh University
Apply to Boost below!