Hiring Salespeople & Business Development Recruitment
Whether you're an SME looking to build your team and hire a sales rep, or a global company looking to hire a sales team; Give A Grad A Go can offer you specialist sales recruitment, completely tailored to your needs.
Since 2009 we've supported the growth of over 800 companies, streamlining and enhancing recruitment processes for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Whether you're looking to hire Sales Executives or recruit Sales Managers, we have helped to professionally develop thousands of graduates in various stages of their careers, with a huge 96% of candidates we place passing their probation period.
Whilst there are many ways to recruit sales talent, the best way is to speak to a specialist graduate recruitment agency (like us) who can send you incredible candidates within 48 hours, with no obligation to hire and no upfront costs.
What our clients say about us
"I found your sales recruitment a very smooth and pain free process! Both yourself and Dom were friendly and professional, explained the whole process in great detail, and were very quick and efficient in finding us some great candidates. I would definitely recommend Give a Grad a Go, and wouldn't hesitate to use you guys again."
Katie, Head of Client Accounts, Business Consultant Services
What makes Give A Grad A Go the best sales recruitment agency?
With over 10 years' experience recruiting sales staff for UK businesses, we have refined our sales recruiting strategies and know how to hire the right salesperson for you. Whether you're recruiting Account Managers, hiring Sales Agents or hiring Business Development Managers, there are many great benefits of hiring graduates.
We're different from other sales recruitment companies, providing extra support with career micro-sites, assessment days, as well as onboarding employees; providing a 360 recruitment service tailored specifically to your business needs. Find out more about our Recruitment Services and how we can help you grow.
Receiving thousands of CVs every week, we have over 260,000 graduates in our database and 49.5% have Sales or Business Development on their CV. We are never short of excellent, graduate sales talent to add to your team, with 84% of our candidates graduating with a 1st, 2.1 or Masters degree.
Request an employer pack below
For more information or to request an employer pack, contact us today:
How Give A Grad A Go can help your sales hiring process:
If you are wondering where to recruit sales representatives, you've come to the right place. Successfully placing hundreds of graduates into Sales and Business development roles has given us the knowledge and experience on how to hire salespeople, with 90% of clients using us on a repeat basis.
We have created flexible and cost effective solutions for our clients, including:
- Temp-to-perm hiring: With a short 1 - 6 month trial period to start working with graduates quickly, whilst reducing the risk of making the wrong hire.
- Talent pipe-lining: If you're experiencing rapid growth, or if you need access to a larger talent-pool, then talent pipe-lining might be the answer. Please get in touch to find out more.
- Hiring now for delayed starts: If you're looking to hire in the future, deferring start dates is a great way of securing people, getting contracts signed and agreeing start dates for later in the year
- Contractors: (Usually more suited to larger firms) If headcount is an issue then we can payroll your hires and charge a margin on top for processing.
- Marketing: Whether it be sponsored content, if you're interested in becoming a partner, or if you would like to consider an email campaign to our database, we can provide this additional marketing support.
- Referral scheme: We are currently offering 50% discount on your next hire when you refer us to a company that we successfully place with.
Top Tips for recruiting sales reps
Give A Grad A Go's experienced sales recruiters have have compiled tips and advice to help you hire sales staff as well as retain your hires.
- Consider which level you're hiring: Before searching for sales professional to hire, are you going to be recruiting Sales Managers or hiring Sales Assistants?
- Offer a competitive salary: Our first top tip when recruiting sales personnel is to make sure the salary you are offering is competitive. You really do get what you pay for, and so providing a strong base salary will ensure you find the very best talent when recruiting sales professionals or hiring a sales team. Visit our Graduate Employment Statistics Archive to find out what other companies are paying Business Development graduates.
- Solid Commission Structure: It's not just about the salary for your sales employee, remember to ensure your commission structure is competitive too. A common mistake that sales companies make when looking for sales reps is to oversell what the company can offer in the interview. Any sales staffing agency will tell you that if the salary and commission structure isn’t solid, then employee retention may drop.
- Targets: After you recruit sales staff, make sure that you have good incentives in place to keep your employee's motivated. If it's your first time hiring sales staff, it's important to think about what realistic and achievable targets you can set, before you start looking for a sales representative, as the candidate might ask you about this in the interview. Think about what personal and team incentives you can offer, such as 'Sales Employee of the Month', or additional monetry bonuses to recognise exceptional hard work.
- Opportunities for progression: Take into considering both personal and professional development.
- Onboarding process: Ensuring you have a well thought out onboarding procedcure will help to retain the graduates you hire
The most important thing to look out for when hiring a salesperson:
When you hire sales staff, our expert Recruitment Consultants will advise on what to look out for when hiring a salesperson. The best sales recruitment agencies will tell you that the most important thing to look out for is their personality. If you want to know how to recruit top sales talent, the things you should be looking for are resilience, drive, grit and authenticity. The recruitment sales manager should lookout for a natural determination to succeed in a competitive environment when they recruit sales agents.
When you hire a sales rep, you can teach them the sales techniques in recruitment and during their training. You can teach them how to sell on the phone, a script, a process or a product, but a desire and natural ability to sell are important in any sales staff recruitment.
Top Tip: Competitive backgrounds are a good example of a natural salesperson.
What to be wary of when you’re recruiting or have hired a salesperson:
Sales recruiting firms will tell you that one of the key things to look out for when hiring sales reps is their longevity. This is one of the first things you should consider if you are trying to find out how to recruit sales associates. If someone has had multiple sales roles in a short space of time, such as 4 roles in 6 months or a year stint, then it begs the question if they're achieving and excelling in the role. It is one of the sales recruitment strategies to be wary of ‘job-hopping’ when you recruit sales reps.
Our sales recruitment consultant expert explains:
“In a sales role, the more you’re doing, the more you’re earning, and therefore the better you’re doing. Salespeople tend to stay when they’re doing well and are happy. Granted sometimes job’s don’t work out, but if there’s a repetitive pattern then it’s not the job, it’s the person.”
When you hire a sales representative, it is important to have a structured training and progression in place. Even if you find sales staff with the best skills of a salesperson or find sales reps with plenty of experience, they will still need to understand the transition to get them from one company to another. When hiring salespeople, you will still have to give the salesperson a two-month grace period to train them on the product and services; this is particularly important for those wondering how to hire a salesperson for a startup.