Graphic Designer - Design sector
Our client is a luxurious lingerie label that launched in the Spring of 2011. Founded by some extremely well connected industry experts it has quickly established itself as an incredibly cool leading brand.
The successful candidate will report directly and provide essential assistance to the Visual Merchandising Manager. Because this role is so important to the entire creative process & the brand as a whole, day to day you will also be working closely with the wider Graphic Design , PR & Marketing, Buying and Retail Operations teams.
The successful candidate's key focus will be to design, produce and deliver all of our client's in-store Visual Merchandising communications as well as managing all window schemes and displays from concept right the way through to implementation.
You will introduce and evolve creative concepts and have an understanding and awareness of working with different print techniques and how to apply them to a window as well as possessing a strong eye for detail and keeping aware of the constant developments within the world of fashion and brand design.
This is a real hands on role and day to day tasks will vary, your core responsibilities will include:
- Thoroughly researching and gathering ideas for the concepts of all window displays.
- Designing all window campaigns taking direction from the VM Manager. You will be required to design two new schemes every three weeks (on average) and interoperate designs for international markets.
- Making sure design of all Point Of Sale material is in keeping with window displays and overall store floor plans.
- Sourcing suitable materials and print techniques to apply to window schemes
- Maintaining and managing relationship with printers to ensure all production is on time, on budget and of high quality.
- Keeping ahead of the game - trialling and creating new techniques for up and coming campaigns to ensure our client stays ahead of the competition
So what are we looking for?
- Degree in Graphic Design / Related subject and experience in a Graphic Design role
- Experience in Visual Merchandising is a real must-have (ideally within a Head Office environment)
- Genuine passion for fashion and brands twinned with a desire to produce high quality work
- Freehand illustration desirable
- Photography skills
- Excellent computer skills with a sound knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- First rate communication skills - written, verbal and interpersonal
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task under pressure
In order to be considered for the next stage - please submit a portfolio showcasing your most appropriate work through to firstname.lastname@example.org - Thank you.
You have a limit of 5 job applications every 7 days. If you use up your quota, you won't be able to apply for another role until 7 days have passed from your first application.
Before continuing with your application, in less than 50 words, tell us why we should pick you.
Thank you for your application. We will be in touch with you if your application is being forwarded for consideration.
If you do not hear from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please wait while we process your application.