Technical Operations Engineer- Graduate Training Scheme - IT & Internet sector
Our client is at the cutting edge of information management technology. Founded a decade ago, their pioneering email management methods are now rolled out across the globe. They offer an entrepreneurial, stimulating working environment and we are now helping them to secure their next wave of outstanding talent.
The successful candidates will be anchored within our clients' Global Technical Operations team. As a trainee Tech- Ops Engineer, you will be at the epicentre of all action. You will be trained up to become the most responsive of all trouble-shooters. Our client will help you to tackle a complex range of software and systems issues and as your training progresses; you will eventually be responsible for aiding the supervision of a large farm of servers that host our clients' most popular services.
This is a busy, hands-on role. A rigorous training programme will be carefully crafted for the successful candidates - its key focus will be to train you up to be able to solve the trickiest of problems, with scalable and elegant solutions.
- An IT related degree - Information Systems/Computer Science related discipline
- Solid knowledge of Linux internals and system administration, including configuration and troubleshooting
- Awareness of IP networking with concepts such as OSI stack
- Awareness of open source monitoring and graphing solutions e.g. Nagios, Zabbix, Zenos
- (Please note - Whilst a solid knowledge of Linux is essential, we stress that we are looking for candidates that have potential, that are hungry to learn and who can pick things up quickly)
- Active and avid interest in IT
- 'Creative' outlook - you must love trouble-shooting and problem solving!
- Hunger to learn and a flexible approach to work
- Solid dose of professional maturity
What will you receive in return?
- Excellent in-house and external training programmes
- Wealth of career development opportunities
- Excellent benefits package
- Competitive basic salary which will be reviewed upon successful completion of initial training period
You have a limit of 5 job applications every 7 days. If you use up your quota, you won't be able to apply for another role until 7 days have passed from your first application.
Before continuing with your application, in less than 50 words, tell us why we should pick you.
Thank you for your application. We will be in touch with you if your application is being forwarded for consideration.
If you do not hear from us within 7 days, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please wait while we process your application.